Monday, July 14, 2014

Food in Penang

Penang is famous for their Asam Laksa and Cendol but little do you know that there are other hidden gems in this beautiful place!


1. B&W cafe (Black&White cafe)
   Loving the concept of this cafe , the service is superb and of course their coffee / drinks are amazing! it all cost around RM9-13 if I'm not mistaken!
 Must try in this cafe is
# B&W ice blended coffee (It's so good I promise you , you'll be asking for more! there's a mixture of coffee and chocolate it's rich but not too overpowering just the perfect drink!)










 
Address : No.94 Jalan Muntri,10200 George town, Penang, Malaysia.
Business Hour : 10.00 am - 10.00 pm ( Mon to Sun )
FB page:  https://www.facebook.com/BnW.COFFEE.HOUSE?rf=326900147457780

2. Cat cafe (PURREFECT)

I'm sure you've heard about the cat cafe in Penang the concept is rather new and cute to be honest! It's not every day you get to have tea with cats around you :) So we decided to give it a go ! It wasn't as PURRFECT as they said it would be , the cats ain't very friendly and the cheese cake is so-so but it's a good experience I would say :) some of the cats look very cute but then they aren't the friendliest cats in town I guess!









Address: 53, Jalan Muntri, George Town, Penang.
Business Hour : 10:00 a,  - 10:00 pm ( Mon to Sun )

3.   Old Green House (老青屋)
Don't look down on this old and tiny stall! They sell really good hokkien mee and law mee ! 
We went there around 11pm and it was still pack! It seems they only open for business around night time until 3am or 4am ! BTW if you're from KL , their Hokkien Mee is our prawn mee and their Law Mee is our Hokkien mee! You can add extra stuff in your noodles too! they have a variety of dishes for you to add into your noodles! :)



Variety of dishes for you to add on!

LAW MEE ON TOP AND HOKKIEN MEE AT THE BOTTOM

Hokkien Mee with eggs and pork intestines! Slurps

Law Mee with eggs , fish balls and pork intestines!
 I absolutely enjoyed their Law Mee and Hokkien Mee it's so delicious and flavorful :) She even taught me how to eat it in a different way that is to mix some Hokkien Mee with Law Mee and enjoy! It's so delicious you should try it too! Mix some together and you'll be surprise how good it taste .
 
Address: 223 Jalan Burma, 10500 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Business Hour : Mon–Sat 8:00 PM–4:00 AM
 
4. China house , Penang
 The last trip I came over to China house their dessert definitely did not blow me away but it seems that they were very famous for their Carrot Cake and their Tiramisu cake so I've decided to give it a go again! 
TIRAMISU CAKE

CARROT CAKE

It  looks rather appetizing right? Well to be very frank the Tiramisu cake wasn't as good as Alexis ... the coffee taste wasn't strong enough . I'm a coffee lover so I would prefer it to be slightly stronger , and the problem with this Tiramisu cake is the candied nuts covering the cake they weren't generous enough and it wasn't very crunchy. If they were more generous with the candied nuts it would've been so much better! Next the Carrot cake I actually enjoyed it :) !
 
Overall it wasn't worth the price that I was paying , I would rather use that money to have some cake and tea at Alexis the quality would've been much better.

Address: 153 Lebuh Pantai, Georgetown, 10300 Georgetown, Pulau Pinang
 
5. Brown pocket (6th floor of Gurney Paragon Mall) 
I'm a huge fan of waffles ! I've never been able to find good waffles for a long long time ! After all the craze about brown pocket on social media I've finally decided to give it a try! After trying it I've come to a conclusion that these were the perfect waffles! Slightly crunchy but still moist inside :) Brown Pocket managed to deliver quality food for their consumer and that's what I love about them!
Environment :9/10 
Price: Expensive
Quality of food: 10/10
Waffles: BEST WAFFLES EVERRRRRR

I think this is called the Triple chocolate waffles


Caramelized banana waffles (If I'm not mistaken!)
For the triple chocolate , I personally enjoyed their dark chocolate a lot and their chocolate ice cream too! it goes very well with the waffle :) Crunchy , smooth and moist it was as though I was in heaven!
For the caramelized banana waffles , I love their caramelized banana it goes so well with their waffles too!
I would say they are PUURREFFECT! Definitely a must try otherwise you'll regret! These waffles are expensive price range RM18-20(around there) but it is all worth it!

Address : 6th floor , Gurney Paragon
 
6. Dim Sum House 点心之家
My friends from Penang told me this is the best place to get DimSum ! So I've decided to give it a try and the dim sum here is quite good :) and the price is reasonable considering that we've ordered so much I'm surprised it was so cheap!
I'm not a very big fan of dimsum cause I have it very often and I got a bit scared of dimsums (I'm sure some of u get me the feeling of having to eat the same thing over and over again it can get a bit scary) The dimsums here are quite fresh and tasty so I would recommend you to come here if u need a dimsum fix!

Address : Jalan Anson, 10400 Georgetown, Penang

Dupes for Good Dimsum
 
7.  Xin Cuisine @ Concorde Hotel , KL
If you people would like to try good dimsum you should head over to Xin cuisine @ Concorde Hotel , KL :)
They have a wide variety of dimsum , it's fresh and delicious! I absolutely love their Scallop Dumplings , Bacon Dumpling , Char Siew Sow and Shang Har Mee ( Fresh Prawn Noodles) !
Bacon Dumplings

Scallop Dumplings

Char Siew Sow
These are the must try when you're at Xin cuisine @ Concode KL 
(PS: Never ever have dinner there cause the last time we had Reunion Dinner there the food was absolutely terrible! they are only famous for their Dim Sum I guess :) )
 

That's about it for now I hope you enjoyed my blog post and would forgive me for any grammar mistakes I've made :)

Stay tuned for more updates!
signing out
-Crystalbebe- xoxo!





No comments:

Post a Comment